The digital catalogue of the 13th edition of the international exhibition, curated by American curator Ralph Rugoff, under the title “La vie moderne”: a radical and poetic take on daily life and the modern world.
All Biennale catalogues have a handicap, especially those featuring first-time exhibits: their images do not reflect the reality of the exhibits. What's more, the Biennale de Lyon produces up to 80% of the artworks that it shows. Coupled to a paper catalogue, this digital version, in a bilingual (English and French) format, enables the Biennale de Lyon to offer and disseminate plenty of information and content that paper cannot convey: interviews, videos, hypertext links, works in progress, commentaries, interventions by artists…
This universal ePub file is the most comprehensive digital catalogue ever published by a biennial and now includes:
– full views of every single artwork shown in La vie moderne, the exhibition set-up archives, complete reports of the Veduta and Resonance platforms and of the Biennale concomitant exhibitions (Rendez-vous 15, Ce fabuleux monde moderne, Anish Kapoor chez le Corbusier)
– contributions specifically designed for the catalogue by Haegue Yang, Lucie Stahl, Nina Canell, Nina Beier
– drawings and sketches by Emmanuelle Lainé, Michel Blazy, Camille Henrot, Andreas Lolis, Massinissa Selmani
– original statements and texts by Mohamed Bourouissa, Alex Da Corte, Fabien Giraud & Raphaël Siboni, Anna Ostoya, Julien Prévieux, Ed Ruscha
– videos by Michael Armitage, Lai Chih-Sheng, Nguyen Trinh Thi, Ahmet Öğüt, David Shrigley, Klaus Weber, and more.
Published on the occasion the 13th Lyon Biennale, from September 2015 to January 2016 (www.biennaledelyon.com).
The download and reading of the digital book requires an appropriate application. The book is optimized for the following applications: Gitden (Android), iBooks (iPad), “Readium” extension for Chrome Browser (Windows), iBooks or “Readium” extension for Chrome Browser (iOS).
Due to the large file size (350 Mo), the download time may exceed half an hour in some configurations: thank you for your patience!